Make learning fun with these 5 engaging whiteboard activities
Keeping students engaged in the classroom can be challenging with the abundance of modern distractions such as tablets and smartphones. However, whiteboards are an effective tool for capturing students’ attention and fostering an active learning environment. Keep reading to learn about engaging whiteboard activities that promote interactive classroom learning.
- One of the incredibly effective activities for reviewing or exploring new concepts is brainstorming. Nothing compares to the versatility of a whiteboard when it comes to brainstorming. This can be done by dividing students into groups of two or three, providing each group with individual whiteboards, or setting them around whiteboard tables. Then, assign each group a specific topic or concept to brainstorm about.
Conduct A Q&A Session
- A Q&A session in the classroom is usually challenging, as students feel nervous or hesitant to answer questions individually. However, this experience can be transformed into an engaging and inclusive activity with the help of a classroom whiteboard. Instead of asking individual students, ask a question to the entire class and instruct them to write responses on their whiteboards.
- Enhancing vocabulary skills is another engaging activity that becomes incredibly convenient with whiteboards. Whiteboards can be utilized by writing multiple-choice questions on the dry-erase surface while encouraging students to participate and provide correct answers actively.
Math Problems Made Easy
- It's no secret that most students don't find math problems enjoyable. However, using whiteboards can help make this challenge much more interesting. Students gain the freedom to erase their steps by writing math problems on whiteboards, allowing them to explore different methods and correct any mistakes through the process.
Pictionary To Reinforce New Concepts
- Pictionary is an interesting game that brings a sense of excitement to any learning environment. Pictionary can be incorporated into the classroom to reinforce new vocabulary words or review material before an upcoming quiz.
During a Pictionary session, students sketch out representations of words, prompting their classmates to guess what they are illustrating. This encourages creative thinking and makes the learning process enjoyable for everyone involved.
Incorporate Classroom Whiteboards in your classroom to provide the best possible learning experience. Contact New York Blackboard today for framed, unframed, portrait, landscape, wood framed, dry-erase, or mobile whiteboards. We will help you select the whiteboard according to your budget, usage, and setting. New York Blackboard has been selling handcrafted blackboards since 1944. We are located in New Jersey.