Here are the answers to 7 asked questions about metal print
Metal artwork has been used as a form of self-expression since ancient days. Modern, high-definition metal prints provide a stunning way to turn your cherished memories into wall artwork for your home or office. If you want to purchase or design your metal print, these commonly asked questions will help you make a well-informed decision.
What Are Metal Prints?
- Metal prints are contemporary and visually striking wall art pieces with sleek, industrial appearance and high-definition details. Aluminum with a white base coat is used as the printing surface, intensifying any image's color. These exquisite art pieces are produced using the highest image quality and make a wonderful addition to any home decor.
What Type Of Lighting Is Ideal For Displaying Metal Prints?
- Halogen, bright white incandescent, or full-spectrum LED bulbs with a high color rendering index (CRI) are ideal for displaying metal prints. These bulbs will ensure that the colors on the print appear accurately and vividly. Although indirect natural daylight can also be used to display metal prints, it must be indirect to prevent fading over time.
What Type Of Lighting Should Be Avoided?
- Avoid using standard fluorescent bulbs as they emit light partially absorbed or scattered by the Metal print surface, causing the green part of the spectrum to reflect more than other colors. This can result in metameric failure, where the print appears differently under different types of lighting. In addition, metal prints should not be displayed in areas with direct sunlight, which can lead to color changes and fading.
How Long Do Metal Prints Last?
- Metal prints are a durable and long-lasting option for displaying photographs or artwork. They can last for several decades, if not longer, when properly cared for. The longevity of metal prints is mainly due to the use of high-quality materials and printing processes that produce a vibrant and durable image.
Are Metal Prints Resistant To Heat?
- Metal prints are generally heat-resistant and can withstand high temperatures without getting damaged. This is because the metal used for printing, typically aluminum, has a high melting point and can handle heat well. This makes them a great option for areas with high heat or humidity, such as kitchens or sunrooms.
Are Metal Prints Framed?
- Metal prints do not necessarily need a frame, as they can be hung directly on the wall using special hardware. In addition, the thin aluminum sheet used for printing is typically sturdy enough to support the weight of the print without a frame. However, some people may frame their metal prints for aesthetic purposes as they can add a decorative element to the artwork.
Are Metal Prints Heavy?
- Metal prints are made from thin aluminum sheets, much lighter than glass prints. This makes them easier to handle and hang and requires less heavy-duty mounting hardware.