Discover the many ways to use cork rolls: find out how to incorporate this versatile material
Cork has made a considerable impact on recent design trends. Due to its sustainability, natural qualities, and eco-friendly harvest, cork is one of the most sought-after solutions in home improvement projects. From cork boards to accent walls and table tops, let's discover the incredible uses of cork rolls.
- With the growing trend of remote working and learning, keeping your workspace organized is more important than ever. This is where the cork bulletin board or pinboard comes to the rescue.
Soundproof Cork Tiles
- Another noteworthy use of cork is cork tiles. Cork has pores or honeycomb-like structures that give it acoustic and soundproof properties. In addition, the air-filled porous structures act like a vibration insulator.
Use For Insulation
- In addition to absorbing sound, air-filled cells of the cork act as a natural and effective thermal insulator. Double-pane windows are known for their insulating ability to work on the same absorptive principle.
Cork Accent Wall
- Although cork is commonly used on walls for pinboard treatment, its applications go far beyond that. Cork is popularly used for its functionality and versatility. However, its natural aesthetic beauty can be utilized for interior design and home décor projects. White walls with a cork accent wall and striking furniture add a matchless elegance.
- Cork rolls can be used to add attractive colored cork sheets to a plain cabinet or wardrobe to create a unique look. It can be attached with hot glue or adhesive to improve the aesthetics of your home.
Use As Tabletop
- Since cork absorbs very little water and can withstand high heat, it can be effectively used as a DIY tabletop or countertop. Cut the cork rolls to the required size with the help of scissors and use them wherever you need.
Use For Floor Underlayment
- Cork material insulates your home, and the air-filled cells provide a natural cushion for floor underlayment. Add strength to your flooring tiles by using cork as underlayment for hardwood or carpet flooring. Cork underlayment is an excellent and effective way to add cushion to tiles which help prevent stress cracks. Moreover, it also protects your floor from heat and fire.
Benefits Of Cork Rolls
- Cork rolls are made from natural cork grains and provide a versatile and convenient home, classroom, or office mounting surface. Cork rolls are a natural material that is easy to install, paint, and stain.
- Withstand extreme temperatures
- Fire resistant
- Have low density and are exceptionally compressible
- Provide excellent insulation
- Resistant to sound and seepage